We can help bring your loved ones safely home from the hospital or seniors care facility during the COVID-19 crisis.
The COVID-19 pandemic is putting unprecedented pressure on our healthcare system, resulting in a significant push to release as many patients as possible from our hospitals and seniors homes. In some cases, the front porch steps present a significant barrier to people coming home in wheelchairs. Adaptive Engineering Inc and 101 Mobility Calgary are partnering to address this problem by offering Lift2Go services for temporary home access. We will:
- assess whether our lifts are compatible with your home (for no charge)
- book a time to bring our lift to your house to assist your family member to come home
This Lift2Go service is on a pay-what-you-can basis during the COVID-19 crisis.
If you would like to use our Lift2Go services, please review the the FAQ’s below. Alternately, you can contact Adaptive Engineering Inc: 403-243-9400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lift2Go services are available only in the Calgary area as this time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can find the answers to these questions in the text below.
- Can my home be made accessible?
- How much do lifting services cost?
- What equipment is used?
- Is the service safe?
- Can I rent these lifts right now?
- Who are our partners?
CAN MY HOME BE MADE ACCESSIBLE?
Our wheelchair lifts can access about 70% of homes in Calgary. Please gather the answers to the screening questions below, and then call or email us. One of our technicians can tell you if the lift will work with your home.
Site Screening Questions
User & Mobility Device Screening Questions
If you think your location meets the criteria above, please call or email: Adaptive Engineering Inc at 403-243-9400 or email@example.com
We will also need:
- Your name, phone number, and email
- The address for the house you want to access
- Several photos of the entrance we would be setting up the lift for
- Check all the possible entryways to your home to find the easiest one!
- Consider doing some preparation work yourself, if there is any, to save costs.
- Make sure you have the other items you’ll need for a home stay (for example: toilet transfer seat, grab bars, hospital bed, bed lifts). Your occupational therapist or Alberta Health Services coordinator can tell you what other equipment you may need.
HOW MUCH DO LIFTING SERVICES COST?
Our regular rates
The fee to use the Lift2Go depends on your requirements and architecture. Our technicians will give you a quote based on the design of your home, location, and needs.
We charge $125 for the first hour and then $75 for each hour after that. The fee may be higher if we:
- have to travel far to reach your home
- need more than one technician
- must level the ground where we set up the lift
- shovel significant amounts of snow
- need to remove handrails
- wait for a long period for your family member to arrive
If you can’t afford our regular rates during the COVID-19 crisis
During this high-risk period, we believe moving patients safely home is urgent for their well being and for relieving pressure on the health care system. Therefore, Adaptive Engineering Inc and 101 Mobility Calgary will provide Lift2Go services on a pay-what-you-can basis to anyone who cannot afford our regular rates.
Please use our pay-what-you-can offer respectfully and responsibly. We ask that you make use of our pay-what-you-can offer respectfully and responsibly. Our partners incur significant costs to provide them and our personnel are voluntarily exposing themselves to the risk of COVID-19 to serve you. No member of our staff is required to participate in Lift2Go services.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS USED?
We provide access using the Lift2Go (product) and Mobilift CX portable wheelchair lifts shown above. You can find more information on the webpages for these products, or see the feedback from our customers posted on the AEI Facebook page and Lift2Go News page
IS THE SERVICE SAFE?
Yes. Our lifting technology is based on our +35-year track record of designing and manufacturing portable wheelchair lifts. The Mobilift is the #1 station-based wheelchair lift for trains in North America. It is used by most major passenger railways including Amtrak, VIA Rail, MBTA and CalTrain. Over the past 25 years, close to 2000 Mobilifts of this type have been deployed around the world with 100% record of passenger safety.
Our technicians are trained and experienced with our equipment and wheelchair accessibility. You can expect the highest level of safety, courtesy, and customer service.
Safety for you and us with COVID-19
Our technicians will follow these hygiene protocols to help protect your family:
- Be healthy with no symptoms of COVID-19
- Maintain social distancing where possible
- Wear new disposable gloves at each location
- Wear protective glasses and face masks when near your family members
- Handle only what they need to at your home to use the lift
- Spend the minimum amount of time on your property
- Disinfect our equipment before and after every use
CAN I RENT ONE OF THESE LIFTS FOR A LONGER PERIOD?
Yes. We now have units available for rental on a weekly basis.
WHO ARE OUR PARTNERS?
Lift2Go services are provided Adaptive Engineering Inc and 101 Mobility Calgary personnel.
The Adaptive Group consists of two related corporations: Adaptive Engineering Inc (AEI) and Adaptive Concepts Ltd (ACL). Together our firms have a 35-year history of designing and manufacturing best-in-class equipment for people with disabilities. Please check the About Us page on the Lift2Go website if you would like to find out more about our organizations, history, and mission.
101 Mobility Calgary is the locally-owned franchisee of one of the largest accessibility and mobility equipment retailers in North America. 101 Mobility specializes in renting and selling a wide variety of products to assist individuals and their families with independent living. 101 Mobility is independent of the companies in the Adaptive Group.